Effective: May 22, 2020 at 5:00 pm | Expiration: July 13, 2020
- All public and private beaches along Alabama’s Gulf Coast, including Gulf Shores, Orange Beach, and the Fort Morgan peninsula are open. Anyone using the beach must maintain 6-foot distancing from other people, except those in your own household group. Normal use of the beach equipment, such as chairs and umbrellas, is allowed. There are no limitations on numbers of people allowed to gather, but 6 feet of social distance between people from different households is a must.
- Pools at hotels and condominiums may open. Gatherings of more than 10 people are still not permitted and they must always maintain 6-foot social distancing at all times. Hotel and condominium properties may implement their own policies to best manage pool access.
- Charter fishing is open, but boats must keep clients 6 feet apart. Charter operators must also regularly disinfect frequently touched surfaces and items.
- All public boat launches and waterways in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach are open, as are all public fishing piers, boating, golf courses, and recreational trails. Recreationists are strongly encouraged to practice social distancing and stay at least six feet from each other.
- All restaurants, bars, breweries and similar establishments (such as candy shops, ice cream shops and coffee shops) are open to dine-in customers. These businesses must limit any party size to no more than 8 people, must ensure social distancing between tables, must require employees to wear face masks, and do away with self-service options like drink stations, buffets and salad bars.
- Athletic facilities including fitness centers, yoga studios and other group exercise class facilities can open at the 50% allowed capacity. Recreational water facilities (sauna, hot but, showers, etc.) are to remain closed.
- Hair salons and barber shops; nail, waxing and tanning salons; spa and massage therapy facilities; and body art and tattoo studios can open.
The CDC and most states recommend you avoid all non-essential travel. Gulf Shores / Orange Beach is a small destination with limited healthcare resources. We strongly encourage you to adhere to your home state’s guidelines, especially regarding stay-at-home orders and not traveling to other destinations to quarantine.